2018 Southern High School Program Information
The opportunity to play on the Southern Men’s Soccer Team should not be taken lightly. All of the information we are providing is on our Team website, but please contact us if you have any questions or are unable to view our site.
Our Coaching Philosophy
- Academics always come first.
- Good Sportsmanship is Vital.
- Practice Like it’s a Real Game.
- At the end of the day, remember it’s only a game!
- Learn to make your own decisions, good or bad.
- There is No I in Team: You are a collection of individuals, and that to be successful you have to be driven by a common goal. Our goal is to make the program the best it can be. What’s Yours?
Coaching Expectations for Tryouts and the Season:
- Everyone needs to be in Shape by August.
- EFFORT is a MUST!
- Please review and understand the Tryout Criterion.
- Only Positive attitudes should show up.
- Sportsmanship is the key.
- Please review the team rules on our website.
- Please review the sports nutrition information on the website; what to eat and drink and WHEN.
- Make sure players have rides and they are picked up on time; arrange carpools.
- Varsity High School Athletes shouldn’t be playing for another team in the fall; they need that day of rest.
- FamilyID opened up on June 1, 2018
- Everything will be Posted on our Team and School Websites
- Upload everything on FamilyID
- No paperwork => no participation – Don’t Delay with Physical
Meet the Coaches Night: Thursday August 9, 2018 6:30pm Auditorium
- Ask questions
- Saturday 8/11 7-10pm, Monday and Tuesday8/13 & 8/14 5-8pm
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early so that you can be dressed and ready to go
- Please pickup as close to our stopping time as possible
- Freshman wear White Tshirts; Sophomores wear Grey; Juniors wear Gold and Seniors wear Blue
- Our Tryout process includes Fitness, Soccer Skills and small-sided to full field games.
- Training Wednesday – Saturday 8/15 – 8/18
- Wednesday-Thursday 5-8pm
- Friday 8-11am
- Saturday 8-10am
What to bring to tryouts/practices
- Cleats or Turf Shoes
- Running Shoes
- Soccer Socks
- Age appropriate sized Shin guards
- Water Bottle
Head Coach, Brett Blacker: email@example.com